Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday Ava!!!

Paige, Ava, and Delaney


The Strawberry Shortcake Cake



Addison loves the water!



Ava in the wading creek



Ava's new purple bike!




Today we celebrated Ava's 4th birthday at Mulberry Park in Zionsville. It was a bit of a drive, but it was well worth it. Originally we planned to do it at a park in Carmel but they had a reunion of 100 people so Richie found out about this park that just opened and it turned out to be really neat. There was a huge splash part with fountains and sprayers that came out of the ground (for some reason, we didn't get pics of that part) and there was a really cool man-made wading creek that the kids could splash around in. It turned out to be a great day! Thanks to everyone who attended and made it such a special day for Ava!


I also wanted to show off the cake that I made for Ava. It was my first attempt at making a cake, and I must say that although it was time consuming, it was a lot of fun. I was quite proud of myself and thought that it turned out really cute!


2 comments:

The Oppold Family: said...

So IMPRESSED! Thanks for the recipe also. Love new recipes!! Now to find the time:)

Jen said...

We are so sorry we missed the party- it looks like it was such a fun day! Can't believe how grown up Ava is getting!!!!