Thursday, May 14, 2009

The great sprout tuck-in



Yesterday as we were watching a show on PBS Sprout, Ava saw a commercial about the great sprout tuck-in, a program that gives new pajamas and books to children in need. She immediately said, "Mom, I want to give some pajamas to a little kid that needs them. Some kids don't have comfy pajamas like I do!" I was so touched by the fact that she was aware that others didn't have as much as she did and that it was good to give to others if we could. I told her that we had a pair of new pajamas that I had picked up in my "gift closet" (Kim M. knows what I'm talking about!) that we could donate. I also had several new books to send as well. It really made Ava feel good that she was helping another child in need! We should all do stuff like this with our kids and make them a part of doing good for others. If you want to donate, the link is http://www.sproutonline.com/sprout/GreatTuckIn/

2 comments:

cara said...

GREAT idea!

Anonymous said...

You know I know what you are talking about. Ava is such a sweet girl. She's got a great momma teaching her how to be thankful. Miss you guys.